Thursday, January 3, 2008

Money Management At The Track

The most important part of trying to make money betting on horses, I think, is how you manage your money. You can be the best handicapper in the world, and if you do not manage your betting bankroll in an intelligent way, you will still lose. You must be able to pass races on the card that you do not like. This can be difficult, especially here in Nevada racebooks when there is a race going off somewhere it seems like all the time. You should concentrate on the plays that have the best chance of making money for you. I find the best way for me is to make my selections in the type of races I like to handicap and to stick with those selections and that's it. No second-guessing myself, hey if I bet a loser, I bet a loser. At least I'm not wondering well..if I had maybe done this..or that..or whatever. Those kind of thoughts play against your confidence and for me, it's just better to stick with what I like. Most of the time, I go in, make my bets for the day, get tomorrow's Racing Form, and go home. I can watch the races on my computer whether live, or the replay. Same result. More sanity. Check out this article..very good.

http://horse-racing-handicap.blogspot.com/2007/11/horse-handicapping-cash-management.html

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Would have e-mailed this to you, but can't find contact info.

Thanks for your comment on my blog, and for the betting advice...though it kills me to bet an exacta without boxing and have the reverse come in. The theme in my life: decent handicapping, bad betting.

As for whether anyone is reading, install a hit-counter on your website. I use StatCounter (statcounter.com).

Good luck with the blog--

Administrator said...

Thanks Teresa..And I will get the hit counter